Monday, August 23, 2010

Krishna's Tiffen Corner Chai Recipe...

Last weekend being a long one on the occasion of Vara Mahalakshmi Pooja and Onam we decided to take a break from the daily grind and head towards the lush green foothills of Nilgiris. ( A post on that soon:-)

While exploring the quaint town of Masinagudi, we came across a tiny teashop~ Krishna Tiffen Corner, where we decided to have some hot steaming ginger chai.
It was one of the best cups of ginger chai I had had in a while.
When I asked the teashop owner about the recipe, he had such a simple answer, he had just grated fresh ginger at the base of each gilaas and poured piping hot nilgiris tea on top!
So many different ways of making tea. Amazing!

Do give it a try:-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will try it-it sounds good!

Crazy Blogger said...

would try for sure!

Anonymous said...

I had my first chai yesterday, funny I found your site and recipe today. I will try to make it for myself.
David, NYC

Sekhar said...

can feel the aroma. nice shot.